Thursday, December 17, 2015

Remember: Hug Your Baby's Starting Fourth Dimension Presentation Inwards Japan!

Jan too husband, Jim, at Kagawa
Un School of Nursing
I spent a few hectic weeks corresponding amongst my colleague, Professor Kimie Tanimoto, from Kagawa School of Nursing, and preparing my commencement HUG Your Baby presentation inward Japan. Hoping for a demonstrate of fifteen faculty too students, too happy to chat amongst 10, imagine my surprise when Director of Nursing, doc Shimizu, welcomed me too 82 others! 


Professor Kimie Tanimoto
Since faculty from all areas of nursing were invited to my presentation, Kimie had suggested a broader (than merely newborns) topic for discussion. Kimie likewise willingly served every bit information technology expert, logistics manager too translator every bit I, phrase yesteryear translated phrase, began “The Nurse every bit Innovator: HUG Your Baby every bit One Example of What Nurses Can Do.”

Kagawa Un School of Nursing faculty &
 students larn the commencement HUG inward Japan
While discussing the expected steps to reaching a dream (set goals [and write them down], research, accept action, portion goals too collaborate, evaluate too redesign), I discussed roughly of the to a greater extent than tender too challenging moments for me inward the nativity of HUG Your Baby: recognizing too addressing my internal insecurities too resistance, choosing carefully those to portion my dream with initially, dealing amongst failure, committing to little steps fifty-fifty when the destination seems quite unattainable, too beingness opened upwardly to discovering novel passions too skills inward myself. (Who knew I would LOVE to say stories?!) 


Nursing students from Kagawa
bask getting The HUG! 
The obvious linguistic communication barrier, too a cultural hesitancy to portion feedback openly inward a grouping setting, made it hard for me to access how good (or not) this topic too my fashion were received. But, the joy of coming together colleagues internationally has inspired me to force myself beyond my comfort zone too to consider what the globe has to learn me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuova Insegnante Certifcata Hug Inwards Italia (Genoa)

TERESA-LIN SIMONAZZI DE LORENZO, Midwife, Genoa, Italy. Il programma HUG mi ha permesso di arricchire il mio bagaglio c...